FAQ
It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:17 pm

GiantEvil
Post  Post subject: Beyond pseudoscience.  |  Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:28 am
Original Member
Original Member

WARNING: The following site is the crankiest pile of mostly incoherent nutbaginess ever!
Don't look to long long, or you'll go blind!

Time Cube.

I tried to do "Rainbow Yelling" font and this was the best I managed.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Beyond pseudoscience.  |  Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:17 am
Original Member
Original Member

What have you seen there that prompts you to post? If I wanted a summary without clicking the link, what would you tell me?

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

GiantEvil
Post  Post subject: Re: Beyond pseudoscience.  |  Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:53 am
Original Member
Original Member

iNow wrote:
What have you seen there that prompts you to post? If I wanted a summary without clicking the link, what would you tell me?

It is a huge, mostly incoherent, fantastical, pseudoscience rant in really big colorful font.
Depending on a persons mood, they might find it amusing, or slightly depressing.
It's not gross, just nutbagy. The blindness warning was probably the wrong flavor of hyperbole. Hmm, and there's an extra "long". Oop's.

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: Beyond pseudoscience.  |  Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:20 am

guess what ? it's a barred site here at work - i'll have to try again at home

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Beyond pseudoscience.  |  Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:52 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Lol. I don't know, guys... Personally? I've always found those websites that use idiotic combinations of font and many different colors tend to be the most reputable and noteworthy. Don't the journals Science and Cell also publish in rainbow colors and flashy backgrounds?

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: Beyond pseudoscience.  |  Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:13 pm

i must admit i'm confused : what is this about

Quote:
In 1884, meridian time personnel met in Washington to change Earth time. First words said was that only 1 day could be used on Earth to not change the 1 day bible. So they applied the 1 day and ignored the other 3 days.

and

Quote:
Your dirty lying teachers use only the midnight to midnight 1 day (ignoring 3 other days) Time to not
foul (already wrong) bible time.

is there ever a reference in the bible that the 24-hour day is not what it appears to be ? the mind boggles :shock:

GiantEvil
Post  Post subject: Re: Beyond pseudoscience.  |  Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:14 am
Original Member
Original Member

iNow wrote:
Lol. I don't know, guys... Personally? I've always found those websites that use idiotic combinations of font and many different colors tend to be the most reputable and noteworthy. Don't the journals Science and Cell also publish in rainbow colors and flashy backgrounds?

Well, yea, but then again with those publications there is a sense of context in the use of font size.
marnixR wrote:
i must admit i'm confused : what is this about

If you did understand it, I would suspect that you needed a professional psychiatrist.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Beyond pseudoscience.  |  Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:11 am
Original Member
Original Member

marnixR wrote:
is there ever a reference in the bible that the 24-hour day is not what it appears to be ? the mind boggles

My guess is that it's the only way they can make the "earth is 6,000 years old" claim square with our evidence that it's more than 14 billion years old.

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: Beyond pseudoscience.  |  Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:36 am

so instead of saying "these 6000 years are of metaphorical length" you start digging a massive hole for yourself by having to invent a sort of pseudo-physics that no-one has ever experienced and can't even be found inbetween the lines in the bible :roll:

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Beyond pseudoscience.  |  Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:53 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Are you surprised?

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: Beyond pseudoscience.  |  Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:12 pm

the kinks in the human mind that become obvious from some types of post-rationalisation always surprise me