FAQ
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:27 am

bunbury
Post  Post subject: Re: The alien who loved me  |  Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:09 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Bribery!

Well, what's good for the Koch brothers is good enough for us, I thought, but how has he been holding back millions of squirts?

Savannah began her poem.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: The alien who loved me  |  Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:09 am
Original Member
Original Member

"It was a humid August evening, dark and not a single light speck," she whispered, then with more sadness and force continued, "when news was released that Batman would be played by Ben Affleck." Shrieks of horror filled the room and the entire audience gasped.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

bunbury
Post  Post subject: Re: The alien who loved me  |  Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:35 pm
Original Member
Original Member

For the audience this poetic revelation was the sum of all fears. She continued her recitation, apparently relishing the audience's response.

Young Ben shall be the Man of Steel imaged upon the celluloid reel
But then which actor shall be Robin, cast to set your hearts a-throbbin'?

An anticipatory hush fell over the audience along with several more Hershey kisses. Savannah had them in the palm of her flipper, the audience that is, not the kisses.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: The alien who loved me  |  Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:32 pm
Original Member
Original Member

"Bob!" I exclaimed in an excited whisper. "Didn't you once say something about chocolate being incredibly toxic to a lot of nonhuman species?"

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

bunbury
Post  Post subject: Re: The alien who loved me  |  Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:40 am
Original Member
Original Member

The air was filled with a gentle rustling sound, somewhat akin to the sound of autumn leaves falling to the ground in an Alderonian rhododendron forest in late October, and forming a golden carpet that covered over the glistening slugs so that you couldn't avoid squishing them underfoot; but the sound was in fact simply the simultaneous unwrapping of a thousand kisses.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: The alien who loved me  |  Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:57 am
Original Member
Original Member

The sight was itself poetic, a brilliant match for the oration from Savannah. What happened next, however, ...

bunbury
Post  Post subject: Re: The alien who loved me  |  Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:21 pm
Original Member
Original Member

as the audience ate the chocolate (and I had a couple myself), was unexpected - far from killing them it seemed to send them into a state of psychedelic entrancement. The chocolate had no such effect on me - it was just a Hershey's kiss after all. This was our opportunity to rush onto the stage and get the backpack which Savannah was still wearing, although she wasn't wearing anything else.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: The alien who loved me  |  Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:48 am
Original Member
Original Member

I grasped Bob's wrist sharply and jolted forward toward the stage. A few unaware beings were quickly brushed aside and the stage was within reach. Savannah looked down and noticed our advance just as one of those fierce robed sewer rat looking creatures appeared ominously between us.

bunbury
Post  Post subject: Re: The alien who loved me  |  Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:52 pm
Original Member
Original Member

My lightning fast brain responded quickly to the situation and holding out a chocolate treat I said "Hello, my name's Phelge and I'd like to give you a kiss."

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: The alien who loved me  |  Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:53 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Just then, Savannah... who was wearing nothing more than her backpack and some spiked heals... drove her heal in the back of the distracted creatures head with a magnificent front kick.

bunbury
Post  Post subject: Re: The alien who loved me  |  Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:07 pm
Original Member
Original Member

This violent action on the part of my one time lover shocked me deeply and as Bob and I ran for the stage and the Turdis-backpack that was our only salvation I quickly ruminated on the meaning of life, the size of the Universe and whether the Broncos would go on to win the Superbowl.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: The alien who loved me  |  Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:00 am
Original Member
Original Member

The thoughts seemed hugely irrelevant to the situation we were in... Giant, even... As if we were New Yorkers punishing Cowboys in Dallas. We couldn't afford to fumble this opportunity.

bunbury
Post  Post subject: Re: The alien who loved me  |  Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:13 pm
Original Member
Original Member

As intruders here we felt like raiders, and I remembered the eagles that had led us to this place, but first among my jumbled thoughts was who would be manning the controls when we jumped back into the Turdis.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: The alien who loved me  |  Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:19 pm
Original Member
Original Member

My mind went back to my days as a football coach. We had to call the right play. We had to put the right team in place with the right responsibilities. And then, it hit me. This is why Bob was so important. This task was his because...

bunbury
Post  Post subject: Re: The alien who loved me  |  Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:52 pm
Original Member
Original Member

..the control panel screen looked a lot like the video games he used to play, his favorite being Madden NFL. He played cricket too, but that didn't quite seem the right game.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: The alien who loved me  |  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:04 am
Original Member
Original Member

I turned my head to call out to Bob, "Hey man, do you thi...." but he wasn't there. He'd disappeared, and I had no idea where he went. "Savannah, have you seen Bob?" I asked anxiously.

bunbury
Post  Post subject: Re: The alien who loved me  |  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:49 pm
Original Member
Original Member

I think he's in the backpack she replied, so I jumped up on the stage and peeked inside. Sure enough there he was, but there was also a large rodent in there and they were locked in a struggle for the navigation console.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: The alien who loved me  |  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:18 pm
Original Member
Original Member

"Bob, watch out!" I exclaimed, but I was too late. The rodent had bitten into Bob's neck and he was bleeding profusely.

bunbury
Post  Post subject: Re: The alien who loved me  |  Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:16 am
Original Member
Original Member

Leaping gracefully into the dimensionally transcendental space inside, I deftly dragged savannah in behind me and closed the drawstrings. Savannah proceeded to deal with the intruder but sickened by all the violence I said can't we all get along and embraced the rodent in a bear hug while pressing a finger firmly against what i thoght was bob's wound to staunch the bleeding but savannah said hey watch it and i quickly repositioned my finger.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: The alien who loved me  |  Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:48 pm
Original Member
Original Member

I'd mistakenly touched her ear lobe. She didn't appreciate it at all.

bunbury
Post  Post subject: Re: The alien who loved me  |  Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:26 am
Original Member
Original Member

As I hugged the rodent and saved Bob's life, Savannah set the coordinates for...

bunbury
Post  Post subject: Re: The alien who loved me  |  Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:17 am
Original Member
Original Member

...I will never know, for deliberately or accidentally she sent us spiraling into ninth dimensional oblivion from whence I write this blog, and this story seems to have run, or rather meandered its course and it's time, or rather spacetime, to call it a day, and draw the blinds on this uneven adventure that seems to have no plot and even less of a theme, so to save further stress on the heroic writers let's make this the final farewell.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: The alien who loved me  |  Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:31 am
Original Member
Original Member

I found myself wondering if farewells were always final, especially after all of our many trips in the turdis. We were here in this 9th dimensional oblivion, but that doesn't mean a future adventurer might not stumble in and pick up the quill once more.

bunbury
Post  Post subject: Re: The alien who loved me  |  Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:24 pm
Original Member
Original Member

As final, say, as James Bond after Ian Fleming died, or the Foundation series after the passing of Asimov. But those were fiction writers and this story is true.